STATE FARM HOLIDAY CLASSIC
The Holiday Classic Scholarship Fund was created by the State Farm Holiday Classic basketball tournament to award four, $1,000 scholarships each year to student-athletes from participating schools in the tournament.
A selection committee of current and former educators chooses the winners based on their leadership skills and academic performance. Applicants are asked to demonstrate their experiences in student activities and community service, and are required to submit an essay titled “How my high school sports experience helped prepare me for success in higher education.
The Holiday Classic Scholarship fund is administered through the Illinois Prairie Community Foundation in Bloomington, IL, and scholarships are made directly to the attending college/university of those winning students. One winner from each of the four tournament brackets (Small School Boys, Small School Girls, Large School Boys and Large School Girls) will be awarded a scholarship.
All eligible applicants must:
- have been on the roster of a participating team in the past year’s State Farm Holiday Classic
- be a graduating senior this spring
- maintain a grade point average of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale
- be admitted to and plan to attend a 2- or 4-year college
Applications must include the following:
- Brief essay (200-500 words) entitled “How my high school sports experience helped prepare me for success in higher education.”
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from those who have worked with you in student activities or community service programs, like a coach, principal, guidance counselor, etc.
- Copy of your accumulative transcripts including the most recent completed semester.
- Proof (note on school letterhead) from basketball coach that you have been or will be awarded a varsity letter in basketball.
For information on applying, contact [email protected]
If you would like to contribute online to the State Farm Holiday Classic Scholarship Fund, please click on the Donate button below. If you prefer to make a donation in another manner, click here for information.