R. MACK, ROY AND HAZEL BROWN SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Roy “Mack” Brown, a Bloomington native and founder of securities firm First Midstate Inc., passed away at age 85 on February 8, 2017, at his home in Naples, Florida.
A few years before his death, Brown had established the R. Mack, Roy and Hazel Brown Endowed Scholarship Fund at Illinois Prairie Community Foundation. A portion of the assets from his estate were deposited with Illinois Prairie Community Foundation to fund scholarships to 10 nonprofit organizations:
- Illinois Wesleyan University - Email [email protected]
- Africa University
- University of the Cumberlands - Email [email protected] or call (606) 539-4220
- Eureka College
- Wesley United Methodist Church
- Congerville Apostolic Christian Church
- Cornerstone Christian Academy
- Home Sweet Home Ministries
- North Naples United Methodist Church
- Sigma Chi Fraternity – Alpha Iota Chapter
For more information, contact each organization above.