It is the policy of Illinois Prairie Community Foundation that we be conscientious of the sensitive information that we may collect as we interact with our fellow board members, staff, donors, nonprofit grant recipients and the clients they serve.
Therefore we adopt this policy and pledge to assure that the sensitive information and data we collect in our work is kept confidential when appropriate to the best of our ability:
Board of Directors
- Board minutes will reflect specific actions of the directors but will keep opinions and discussion reports to a minimum;
- Conversations of a sensitive nature at board meetings, committee meetings and board events are not the shared outside the event.
- General donors to IPCF expect to be identified in marketing materials and the Annual Report;
- General donors have the opportunity to remain anonymous and may use make their choice known to IPCF by contacting the IPCF office. IPCF will honor these anonymity requests;
- Donors who establish Donor Advised Funds are informed that the name of their fund will be published as part of the Foundation’s Annual Report;
- Donors of substantial gifts are informed that their information will be included in the Foundation’s annual IRS 990 as required by law and that this 990 is a public document.
Grants and Nonprofit Organizations
- While the grant application for the Foundation requires submission of agency data that is traditionally public knowledge, it is not the role of the Foundation to share this data outside the Foundation;
- While the Foundation uses grant recipient information for marketing, IPCF will not publish agency or client information or photos without permission from the agency and client(s).
- Staff, directors and committee members of the Foundation serve in a variety of capacities on various boards and organizations in our community. Committee members and staff will use their best judgment regarding the sharing of the information they learn through other agencies and organizations.
Events and occasions other than those listed above are also included in this policy as they arise. Board and committee members, plus staff, will use their best judgment to determine whether this policy applies.
The board of directors of Illinois Prairie Community Foundation has the ability and power to take appropriate action if they believe that this policy is/has been violated.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
IPCF may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include foundation news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Illinois Prairie Community Foundation
915 E. Washington St., Suite 2
Bloomington, IL 61701
Adopted and passed by the IPCF Board of Directors on 6-18-2020