At Illinois Prairie Community Foundation we:
- Provide tools and resources which help individuals, families, businesses, and nonprofit organizations achieve their charitable and financial goals.
- Help donors create charitable funds to support the issues and groups they care about most.
- Provide an attractive alternative to starting a private foundation by handling all record keeping, reporting to the IRS, accounting and investment management. (Foundation Comparison)
- Conduct grant making due diligence.
- Build endowments to ensure that funds will always be available to support our community. (Power of Endowments)
- Allow donors to benefit from the highest available tax deductions for charitable contributions.
- Accept a variety of assets and facilitate complicated giving strategies.
- Foster greater giving and volunteering in our community.
- Are governed by leaders with strong ties to the community. Leadership
- Provide grants to nonprofit organizations for programs that address important community needs. Grant Recipients
- Serve as a community catalyst, convening diverse voices and groups to work on solutions to local issues.
- Provide fiscal sponsorship of new nonprofits that seek to address unmet needs in the community while they pursue achieving nonprofit recognition from the IRS.
- Ensure that future generations learn the value of giving back to their community. Youth Engaged in Philanthropy, Emerging Philanthropists
- Pool the assets of individual funds, thus providing economies of scale to work with top investment managers.