Illinois Prairie Community Foundation is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic person to be its Office Manager. This full-time position reports to the Executive Director and will ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Community Foundation’s office in Bloomington.
- Office communication via phone, email and in-person verbal communication
- Respond as appropriate to requests from staff, donors, vendors, board, public
- Manage donor database and communicate as needed with donors
- Attend Board and Committee meetings, take meeting minutes
- Serve as liaison with organization’s vendors
- Maintain mailing list for e-newsletter
- Responsible for logistics of community room, including scheduling users
- Maintain office files (paper and digital)
- Other duties as assigned
- All aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Work with outside accountant to maintain accurate accounting
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching all interpreting data
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports & verifying information
- Complete check runs weekly
- Pay all recurring payables
- Code invoices to correct general ledger codes
- Reconcile and pay company credit card bills
- Prepare remote bank deposits with occasional cash deposits
- Print monthly financial/general ledger reports
Educational and Experiential Requirements
- Associate’s Degree or minimum 5 years’ experience in similar field
- Attention to detail; clear, concise and persuasive writing and speaking skills
- Ability to manage multiple functions and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Experience with BlackBaud programs a plus
- Demonstrated passion for Community Foundation’s mission
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to optical exposure to computer screens
- The employee is generally required to sit for long periods of time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee will perform extensive keystroke tasks
- Some travel may be required for presentations and meetings
- Commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume by Jan. 15 to [email protected].